Tuesday 3 April 2018

MVID: Final Cut

Here is my final cut for my music video. Below I have stated how I have changed the video since the last rough cut. 
...

...
What I have changed since the last rough cut:
1. Colour corrected all the footage of the girl alone after the breakup with a light blue tint to create a cold feel to the video. 

2. Added a CU of a burning photograph of the couple as the ending closing shot. Then I layered that shot with an ELS of the girl walking in the distance at utopolis in Kirchberg (3:44). 

3. Added a CU of a burning photograph of the couple at the start of the video to put the narrative a bit more into some context. Then I layered that shot with an ELS of a street with a zebra crossing in Kirchberg with cars passing by.  

4. Added more colour correction on the lip syncing shots e.g. made the redscreen background shots pink instead of red. 

5. I have changed one really grainy CU shot of the girl character's face to a better non-grainy CU shot of the girl character's face (2:56).

6. I have added some layering to the shots where the lyrics go "He's floating in my bloodstream now", for example by adding a CU shot of the girl character swimming underwater over a shot of the girl character dancing in the club and over a MLS of the ex boyfriend walking alone at night (2:08).

7. Added a MCU shot of the artist lip syncing near the very end of the track over a quick fast editing pace section (3:15 - 3:16).

8. Took away the colour correction on one set of the intimate footage where the lyrics are "Holding me close, breathe on my skin, lips down my body", I thought the colour correction there looked quite false and edited on. I wanted to create the look that it was colourful lighting creating that effect. 

9. Changed the shot at 2:04 - 2:07 by adding a LS of the city at night and duplicating the shot of the blurry lights which are all layered over a MS of the artist lip syncing with pink long curly hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment