Tuesday 5 September 2017

WEBSITE & DIGIPAK: Images

Here are a few pictures I took during summer at my house in England. I took advantage of the sunny weather and took many pictures outside in direct sunlight. On top of this, I also took many images inside, in front of a greenscreen. I plan to use these images for my artist's website and for the digipak. I haven't quite decided which image to use for the main cover of the digipak, at the moment I am thinking to use either the 1st or 2nd image below:





































































































I realised that these images were actually really hard to manipulate in Photoshop and crop the background out, especially since my hair is slightly green blonde in those images, the colour is too similar to the greenscreen background. Therefore, I took some more images with a different costume too - light blue long straight wig, black and white checkered mesh crop top, calvin klein bralette, pink lipstick. Here are the images I took (below):
...



















Tara Carosielli - Holloway Road album cover

I decided to pick this last image here below on the left. I liked the unusualness of it and the white closing in walls which created quite an isolated, box effect. I was inspired to do this body pose from this album cover example Tara Carosielli - Holloway Road




After I placed this image that I chose, onto my website and my digipak, I realised that the image wasn't going to be practical since the background of the image is plain white and grey and not all one colour. Also, there was a triangular section where the arm is placed up and this is difficult to remove the background from. So, I therefore decided to take even more new images of myself with a clearer contrasted background which is green (from green screen) with yet again a different costume (pink hair, light blue scrappy crop top) and a different, simpler body posture which wouldn't cause issues when cropping in Photoshop. You can see the images I took below:
...

































In the end I decided on using this image because there is direct audience address and I just like the way I look in this one the most.  







2 comments:

  1. this is the image, if not the video, I had in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdNn0x7Y0Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't tagged all website posts; the 1 post currently on your links list doesn't have the website tag.
    The current draft has an inconsistency with the top links: they appear on some pages but not others, and sometimes are invisible (white font on white until hovered over). Now you've completed photo shoots and almost every shoot, this and digipak are 2 items you can quite swiftly draft and complete, especially given your GCSE experience - but make sure you're clearly evidencing the link between your choices and research/audience.
    At the moment, your social media content is minimal (Twitter only?), but this should form a major chunk of website content. Forget the actual dates of filming, just get posting some shoot pics/clips, sample scenes - and especially the viral element - and use Wix gadgets to heavily feature this, especially on home page. This is also important for the audience engagement eval Q + use of techs.

    ReplyDelete