Thursday 4 January 2018

MVID: Dance Routine

When filming myself doing the lip syncing performance I decided that I needed to make up a small dance routine which could be repeated several times throughout the music video. I watched lots of videos on hip hop dance routines for example this one below I really really liked:
...

...

I wanted to take elements from this dance routine and put them into mine, I found this very difficult however because it is such a fast dance routine so it is hard to spot all the individual dance moves and copy them. So, then, I watched some more videos on basic hip hop dance moves:
...

...

...
I also actually, by curiosity, searched for the song I have chosen to work on by Astrid S (Bloodstream) just to see if anyone had choreographed a dance routine to the song and by all my luck there was a video with a dance routine to the song!! - 
...

...
There was even a step by step tutorial on this dance routine in another video! - 
...

...

After slightly benefiting from watching these help videos and the dance routine video for my song (since they are all quite complex and fast), I have decided that I am going to ask a friend in my school who does dancing, if she can choreograph a small dance routine for my song (Bloodstream) with some moves from these videos (mainly from the 1st video which was for the song Beyoncé - Yonce). 

1 comment:

  1. As you've seen these examples, make your own - even if thats filming you being coached by this friend; great content for the social media/website, and for the eval q on aud engagement.
    Gifs for each small bit would be useful too.

    ReplyDelete