Wednesday 22 November 2017

MVID: Final Pitch

...

...
THE SCRIPT:
In this video, I will be discussing my pitch for my music video. I have chosen the artist, Astrid S, from Rennebu, Norway, aged 21. Her genre of music is electropop. In 2013, she had her breakthrough, at the age of 16, when she was placed fifth in the Norwegian version of Pop Idol. She released her first single '2AM' under her new artist image at the age of 18 with Universal Music Group. '2AM' was released in the US in 2015. In 2016, she supported Troye Sivan on his European tour. 

The song I have chosen to use by Astrid S is 'Bloodstream'. I chose this song because I thought it had quite a good variety in pace and was not too slow. I also really like the synth sounds used at the start because they give a very cold, icy feel to the song. I like the beat throughout also. 

Next, I will talking about my influences for my music video, I will be showing my influences through GIFS. The first music video influence is Jakwob - Somebody New, I really like the narrative of this music video and the aesthetics of it. The narrative is about a female character struggling to move on from someone, she has mascara smudged on her eyes, she starts in her room then ends up going out at night to go to a club where she dances. I also really like how almost everything in this music video is in slow motion. I was influenced by this music video to have a main female protagonist struggling after a breakup and to go wondering about at night and also the slow motion effect. 

The next music video influence is Tove Lo - Stay High (Hippie Sabotage Remix). The narrative is the same as the first video example I just discussed - a girl struggling after a breakup to move on from her ex, trying to get him out of her head - this is also indicated from the lyrics "I gotta stay high all the time, to get you out my mind". I really like the use of slow motion again in this video, and I like how there is a fisheye camera effect on the footage, it looks like she is holding a GoPro on a selfie stick - this has really influenced and inspired me to try to do the same. The main female protagonist looks very similar to the female in the first video, with smudged mascara, messy hair etc. In both the videos, the main female character smokes, this is something I have considered, but when having Astrid S's target audience in mind (which is mainly tweens and teens), it doesn't make sense to include smoking in the video. I have also generally noticed that Astrid S doesn't tend to wear heavy makeup, instead she just wears foundation, mascara and eyebrow makeup. I also really like the locations used in this music video for example, the underground/tube in Sweden, in a big city with skyscrapers, in a bar, in her flat. 

The next music video influence is Bring Me the Horizon - Run (Fan Made video). The main thing I love about this video is the underwater footage, the slow motion effect, the fast pace editing, the cinematography and the narrative. The narrative is about a male who is running away from something in his mind, he starts in a psychologist's office with his eyes closed, when his eyes close, there are flashbacks to moments back in time. These flashbacks include him running with a flag in his hands in a deserted building location, him in a bath underwater, him splashing water on his face in a sink and him wandering around strange locations. I was heavily influenced by this video to have underwater footage which is in a bath and in a swimming pool. I like the use of slow motion and fast motion of when he sits up really fast out of the bath. I also really want to include the use of slow motion on a character running as you see in this music video. 

The next music video influence is Seven Lions - Days To Come. There isn't much narrative to this video but the main thing I love about this video is the aesthetics and the cinematography. Everything is in slow motion and there are lots of shots underwater which has really heavily influenced and inspired me. I want to include shots of a girl's hair in the wind, eyelashes, elegant style of walking, lips etc. I also like how this video has a black and white effect throughout. It gives a cold feel to the music video. 

The final music video example I will be discussing is Kloe - UDSM. This has the same sort of narrative as the first two examples I discussed. Kloe, the singer, is the main protagonist in the music video, she is out at night in a bar drinking lots of alcohol, you then see her wander out of this bar into the streets of Camden, London. She is crying as she walks on the streets, then there are shots of her vomiting and then crying in a bathroom. I am influenced a lot by the narrative of this music video and the fashion style of the artist. I am going to include a main female protagonist in my music video wandering around at night time crying and also in a bar or club. I also am influenced by the locations used in this music video - for example, the streets of camden, london, a bar, a chip shop in England, a public toilet/bar toilet. 

Next, I will be moving on to casting. I have been playing the role of the singer, Astrid S. I have filmed all of the performance footage with me lip syncing as Astrid S. 

For the role of the main female protagonist, I have decided to make a list of many people who I think could act this role. This is because, learning from last year, I only had one person in mind for the role and then this actor dropped out so I had no one else in mind to ask after she dropped out. I have decided to make this list and ask each person whether they can do it and if not I will ask the next person on the list. So far, this is my list of people: 
Last night, I decided to ask the first person on the list as to whether they could do it, this person, Stephanie, said she can't do it so I will be asking Jess next. 


Narrative 
A girl on a journey of grief, struggling to move on from an ex boyfriend and basically in the video she strolls around at night going to all the places that she went with her ex and having constant thoughts about him, missing him and it is indicated through her smudged makeup that she has been crying. 

1 comment:

  1. Still seeing the script like this, you don't appear to be acting on comments received

    ReplyDelete