Wednesday 22 November 2017

PODCAST 4: Production Schedule Update 3

...

...
To summarise, in this podcast I will be discussing these points:
  • Since last podcast, made my vodcast pitch and presented it to class - included location scouting, casting, costumes, make-up, influences, artist/singer information, tech I plan to use, sample scene, performance shoot dates and narrative shoot dates. 
  • Was given lots of feedback from class from pitch, so now have lots of things to reflect on and sort out. 
  • Need to ask permission to film in the locations on my list - nightclub, kebab shop, train station, cafés and in general public places.
  • Need to nail casting ASAP! I still haven't asked anyone if they can be in my music video because I am unsure who is the best fit for the role, is reliable and will be able to do it. 
  • I am considering whether it would be easier to just pick someone who has got a female who has a boyfriend because it would be easier to film the flashback couple shots.
  • List of potential girls to act the female protagonist role. 
  • List of potential couples to act the couple role. 
  • I prepare to ask the girl actor to wear a choker so, for younger actors this may be inappropriate, idk. 
  • Need to plan in detail the shoots and decide the dates of the shoots - make call sheets and shot lists.
  • Re-film performance footage with more flamboyant costumes and with more movement (dancing)
  • Get sample footage from each location to weigh up potential barriers to filming and test lighting there. 
  • Sample shoot some footage at night with lighting gear I discussed in my pitch vodcast. 

If you want, you can have a look at the script I made for this podcast below under the read more link:




THE SCRIPT:
Hi! Since the last podcast I have made my vodcast pitch and presented it to the class. Things that I have included in the pitch are location scouting, a list of vignettes, casting, costumes, make-up, influences, artist/singer information, technology I plan to use, a sample scene, performance shoot dates and narrative shoot dates. 

After the pitch, I was given lots of feedback from the class and now I have a lot of things to reflect on and sort out. So, firstly, I need to ask permission for some of the locations on the list like the nightclub, the kebab shop, the cafés, the train station and just some general public places. 

Also, I need to fully nail the casting ASAP! I still haven't asked anyone whether they can act in my music video which is really terrible! This is because I am still quite unsure who is the best fit for the role and who is most likely to be able to do it and be reliable. I have learned from last year that this is very important because cast can drop out, say they won't be able to make a shoot etc. which really messes things up. I have a list of potential people in mind as you can see in the vodcast pitch. 

I am considering whether it would just be easier to ask a female who has got a boyfriend because then it would be more comfortable and easier to film flashback shots of the couple of them kissing, hugging or playing together. I have a list of couples in my mind of who I could ask, there are three couples I know in my school who I think could do it two of these couples do drama at school so they can act well, I have heard, which is an advantage for me. The other couple I have in mind in my school are in my year group, therefore my age, 17-18. They have no acting experience but I generally think that they are most suitable because they are older (basically adults) so the actions I want them to perform would be more appropriate for them than the other couples who are younger than 17. These actions being kissing, touching, having hints of sexual touching maybe etc. 

Also I prepare to ask the girl of the couple to wear a choker and I think for younger people, wearing chokers maybe a bit inappropriate because of the sexual connotations they have. This is why I think I want to pick the couple who are my age. I also had another couple in mind from another school in Luxembourg but clearly that would arise issues since they are not from the same school. 

I also need to plan in detail the shoots I want to film and the exact dates I plan to do them ASAP and make the call sheets and shot lists for these shoots. 

Also, reflecting on the pitch, I need to re-film some performance footage with more dancing of the singer with more striking clothing/make-up which is flamboyant. 

Also, I still need to get sample footage from each location to weigh up the potential barriers to filming and see whether the lighting is right there. I also need to sample film some shots at night with the lighting gear I mention in the pitch vodcast. So, basically I have a lot to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Good, BUT...
    script is fine, but these posts (or separately posted if you prefer) should contain clear, specific PRODUCTION SCHEDULE updates, a key means of making THE JOURNEY clear, but also helping clarify for you - especially as time is now tight.
    Generally better to put unformatted text under a read more link, if not you need to format and illustrate. A short bullet list is more useful/user-friendly (tho the script is helpful too)

    ReplyDelete