Monday 12 March 2018

WEBSITE: Home Page Drafts



This was my very first idea of a layout for the home page of my website. I put the top list menu (with the Home, Bio etc...) in the footer and then froze the footer so that when someone scrolls down, the menu always stays at the bottom of the page. 

I inserted a picture of the artist (for the moment until I get pictures of my own) and made it fill the entire page. 


I also added a social media bar and put it on the right hand side of the menu to see how it looks. 
...
I realised the frozen footer idea (inspired by Halsey's website) wasn't going to work, so, I decided to just have my top list in the top header which is the usual thing you would see on websites. I decided to make the top list black with the top links on it a white sans serif uppercase font. 

Also, as you can see, I took some photos (mainly medium shots) of the artist for my website with a halogen light on a white background. I am not sure whether I want to crop out the background and change it for something else yet. 

As you can see I also put the artist logo in the upper left hand side of the website in the top list/header. In this place, it would immediately attract the viewer's/user's eye which is very important because this is the artist logo, the most important piece of text on the entire website.  

I also added a social media bar to the top list to see how it would look in the top list header. 
...
In this image you can see that I had added a lot more social media icons to the top list and also changed the header/top list background to transparent to the main image of the artist. I realised this would be troublesome because everytime you scroll down the page, the top list/header becomes hard to see since it has a transparent background over everything behind it. 

I decided to make a scrolling long home page which has separate sections such as Music, Tour, Bio, Social/News, Contact. So, as you scroll down you see each section with media/text in. 

...
In this image you can see I changed the header background again to see what colour would suit the header/top list most. After looking at this I have decided that I think the black colour is the best for the background colour of the header/top list. 






In this video below, I made a screen recording of my 4th draft of my homepage. In the end I decided on the black colour background for the top list and I added many more social media icons to the top list too. I added in the 'videos' section many of the real Astrid S's existing videos. 

...

...

After this I got some feedback and figured that I shouldn't put videos from the existing artist Astrid S, but instead only put my own videos in it. That was quite confusing however because I only have 1 video for my artist which is the music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment