Sunday 3 December 2017

SHOOT PLANNING: Permissions

To use footage of cast:
...
PENDING
...
To film in a nightclub:
1. Melusina
...
On Friday the 1st of December, I sent a message to the nightclub, Melusina, in Clausen, Luxembourg, about whether I could film in the nightclub on Friday the 8th of December. They replied as said I can't film on that date but instead they said I could on that night (1st of December). Obviously this was too soon for me to collect all the cast and people to operate the camera and to book the trip there. 


After this message I decided to ask whether they would let me film on the Saturday night (the 9th of December) instead of the friday night or the next friday (the 15th of December). They have still not replied back yet.  








2. M Club 

...
Since Melusina did not reply back yet, I decided to ask another nightclub in Luxembourg, called M Club, whether I could film on the 8th or the 15th of December. They have still not answered back and it's already Sunday night so I don't know what's going on there, I will just wait and see or if not I will email them instead.  

I plan to ask a few other clubs too just in case so Byblos Club, Luxembourg and White Club Luxembourg. 

...
I have found out that I can film in M Club now after many days of waiting for responses back. They asked me what kind of music video it was and who's the artist. I explained the whole story of what I am doing for A2 Media Studies and how I wanted to film a club scene of some sort for my music video. 






...














...

To film in a swimming pool:
1. Les Thermes Strassen, Luxembourg
The script on the phone:
Hello there,

Do you speak english?

My name is Evie Gibbons and I am a student from St Georges International School of Luxembourg.  My school is under the british system of A Levels and for the A Level subject of Media Studies there is coursework involved which includes me making a music video for an already existing artist, Astrid S.

For this music video I have to film some underwater footage of just myself and one other person with clothes on in a swimming pool (with no one else in the footage). So, I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to come and film in the swimming pool at les thermes? I understand the issues this may cause and am willing to work around things for your convenience.

I am willing to come during a time when there are very few people at the swimming pool. Could you recommend when it is best to do this?

Also, I will be coming with just two small cameras and a small tripod so it will be very discreet and non-obtrusive.

Also, I will show you the footage I have filmed afterwards to make sure you are okay with it. The footage will only be seen within a school context.

Hello there,
Do you speak english
I rang here earlier to ask about filming, the woman i spoke to said I should ring here at 5:00 to ask about filming in the swimming pool at les thermes.

ASK FOR NOTHUM - Friday the 19th of January at 9:30 for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That's promising - but don't wait. Once you've emailed, then you can RING and say you're ringing about the email you sent earlier

    ReplyDelete