Tuesday 21 November 2017

MVID: Early Idea Evolution

Early Idea Evolution Links List from July 2017
In this post I will be discussing the early idea development of my A2 Coursework (website, digipak, music video) which started in June 2017. As you can see in the image above, I originally created many individual blog posts on each idea development aspect such as possible song options, possible digipak ideas and possible shot ideas. I have decided to get rid of this link list and instead, make one big post on all of these aspects, to make my blog more user friendly and to limit the amount of blog posts on my blog. 

In 'Possible Song Option 1: Sakima' post:
Sakima - What I Know Now
I discussed the artist Sakima and his track that I would have chosen to make a music video for (What I Know Now). I discussed the issues that would arise with the lyrics of this song and the artist in general such as the consistent reference to gay sex (sexual connotations in lyrics) and use of swear words. This, in context of a school setting, made me realise that this artist, Sakima, was not the best artist to choose for my A2 Coursework. Also, since almost all Sakima's songs were about gay sex, this made it very hard to think of a narrative which was not related to this topic. 

In 'Possible Song Option 2: Jakwob' post:
Jakwob - Somebody Else (feat. Tiffani Juno)
I discussed the artist Jakwob and his track that I would have chosen to make a music video for (Somebody New). I decided not to choose this artist because he is not very well-known at all, making it very hard to find enough/any information on him. Also, he is a DJ, so it wouldn't exactly make sense for him to appear in the music video lip syncing. Also, the person who sings in this song is a very very unknown female singer (Tiffani Juno) so it would be hard to create costumes based off her image, find information on her, and find images of her.


In 'Possible Song Option 4: Sigrid' post: 
Sigrid - Plot Twist
I discussed the artist Sigrid and her track that I would have chosen to make a music video for (Plot Twist). I decided not to choose this song because it is quite up-beat which slightly disables me from filming certain visually interesting shots e.g. underwater shots, shots with water in them, shots with dark lighting (low key lighting) or coloured dark lighting etc. and it also disables me from having a sad, dark, cold narrative in my music video (since the narrative of this song is of a strong, confident young female with power over her love life - saying no to her ex who has now come crawling back to her). 

In 'Possible Song Option 4: Astrid S' post:
Astrid S - Bloodstream
I discussed the artist Astrid S and her track that I would have chosen to make a music video for (Bloodstream). I decided to choose this artist out of the other three because I realised the track, Bloodstream, was a really good choice because it has a good variety in pace, is quite fast paced, provides a lot of filming opportunities (e.g. filming underwater, filming a club dancing scene in slow motion, filming interesting shots of people with water on them etc.) and lyrically allows me to have a love/relationship narrative. 

I found lots of inspiring images for my digipak in the digipak ideas post which you can see here below:
...
Next to each image in this post, I mentioned things I liked about them and how they would inspire me for my own digipak:

I really like this design. I have always loved the colour lilac. I love the checked lines design. I think the colour really matches Sakima's style and his rnb and electropop genre of music. I would use this image as a background for the digipak. Also, I think this could work as a background because Sakima's original album cover backgrounds are a pastel like colour. 

...

This is Harry Styles' (from One Direction) new album cover 2017. I really love the simplicity of this album cover and the pastel and skin colours. I want to portray the beauty of the human body in my digipak through images of parts of the body. Also, since my artist, Sakima, is gay, this would make sense to show a bare male on the digipak for his album. I also like the fact that the male's skin in this image is wet, from water in a bath. I want to incorporate this idea into my image for the digipak somehow too. The original album covers for Sakima's songs have been of just him with a coloured background e.g. green, pink or orange.

...

I like the simplicity of this image and the fact that there is a focus on the beauty of the human body. I would like to use this idea of focusing on the beauty of the human body, especially the male body, in my digipak. This image reminds me of Sakima, the artist, he has blonde hair like this. I also like the lighting in this image because it makes the image look pale, and plain.


...
In this same post I also went on to look at many different possible fonts I could use for my digipak:

...

...


...


3.    Summarise, including a list of options you gave serious consideration to, and any BRIEF detail on all/some of this you want to emphasize
5.    You could add a read more link, and copy/paste all of these under it to avoid a huge post unless that’s clicked on (helps to show your original effort on these)

No comments:

Post a Comment