Wednesday 7 June 2017

INTRO: Thoughts On Some Past A2 Media Coursework

2017 A2 
Students' A2 blogs:
Sophie R's blog
Bronwen V's blog
Kristian O's blog

Students' final cut:
Bring Me The Horizon - Throne SBK Final Cut
...

...

I really like the fast pace editing in this video. I like how the editing reflects the beats or instrumentals in the song. I also think the syncing of the musical instruments with the actual song is very good especially with the drum kit. I like the use of the colourful powder on the drumkit and the throwing of it onto the lead singer.
I think the narrative is quite stereotypical and very commonly used. I also think some of the acting isn't convincing for example when colourful clouds flood around the lead singer the actor looks bored out of his brain. I think more filters could have been used on the footage of the band playing the instruments to make it more convincing and to anchor the musical genre better.

Student's A2 blog:
Adel A's blog

Student's final cut:
Halsey - Control Adel Final Cut
...

...

I like how the editing reflects the beats or instrumentals in the song. I like the use of the GoPro reflecting someone's eyes. I also like the narrative of this video because it is not the stereotypical narrative you would expect to see in a music video. I think the acting achieves verisimilitude which is good. The syncing of the lips with the actual song is also very good. I think the lead actor (singer) reflects the real singer (Halsey) very much in terms of the fashion, hair and make up. The mise-en-scene works really well (with the masks, dark lighting, forest location, pink powder, firelighter etc...)
I don't like the use of the greenscreen in this video because it is very clear that a greenscreen is being used. Also, some of the footage is shaky for example on the singer lip syncing infront of a greenscreen and when the man steps out of the black car and puts in a password for a gate. I also don't like the footage in the bathroom near the end because it looks very amateur and bad quality.

2014 A2 
Faithless - Insomnia Final Cut
...

...
Students' A2 blogs:
Ben B's blog
George H's blog

Students' final cut:
Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Dub III) Final Cut 
...

...

No comments:

Post a Comment