Monday 14 August 2017

PODCAST 2: Production Schedule Update 1

...

...
THE SCRIPT:
Hi, it's me again, Evie, just giving an update on the production process so far since we set up our blogs and I will discuss what I am planning to do for the next few weeks of the summer. As I forgot to mention in the last podcast, I am almost finished with the general and genre music video analyses, the genre music video analyses were in the genre of electropop because I was very sure I was going to pick the artist Sakima. This has changed now, as I said before in the last vodcast because there were other artists I may have chosen instead, these were Jakwob or Astrid S. I decided that I was going to stick with the artist, Astrid S, and her song Bloodstream. I came up with a narrative idea for the music video for this track - this is a boy on a journey of grief, struggling to get through a hard breakup with harsh psychological effects. I was thinking to film the entire music video from the boy's perspective of the breakup since most music videos are from the girl's perspective of a breakup e.g. Tove Lo - Habits. Things may still change but right now that is my narrative idea. In my blog I mention the reasons why I decided not to choose the other artists, Sakima and Jakwob. I also have decided on the casting for the performance footage for the song Astrid S - Bloodstream. I have decided that I want to act the role of the singer, Astrid S, therefore I will be the one lipsyncing in the video. On top of this I decided that I want to film the majority of the performance footage infront of a greenscreen and some outside with a sky background or trees background. Also, this summer from the 31st of July to the 13th of August, I went on a 2 week filmmaking course at the MET Film School located at Ealing Studios. This gave me the opportunity to film some greenscreen performance footage inside Ealing Studios, I filmed this footage on the 11th of August. Since then, I have chosen the rest of the dates of when I will film all this performance footage: these are the 17th of August, the 26th of August and the 27th of August. I have also decided, after looking at many past music video examples, that I am going to film some nature footage to be used as cutaway shots in the video. Since I am staying in a countryside location for the next few weeks of summer, this is very convenient. I plan to film trees, flowers, ponds, plants and forests in a variety of shot types. That is all for this podcast so, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment